Sunday, December 4, 2011

Nothing to Report

I drank lots of beer yesterday with my neighbor and this other friend of mine. We talked about all subjects and cooked up some slop and ate and watched this weird movie I have, Baraka. Their website describes the film:

Baraka is a non-verbal film, without words, actors or a plot. Instead, incredible, thought-provoking images from around the world show the beauty and chaos generated by nature and humans.



I have a few of these non verbal films out of this same strain. The first one I ever saw was Koyaanisqatsi (a Hopi Indian word meaning life out of balance). You can watch the whole thing on YouTube. It's these amazing camera shots of life, the busy nature of human life...chaos vs order type stuff.



Baraka shows a lot of spiritual and ritual type stuff. Koyaanisqatsi seemed more environmentally 'themed.' I've watched Koyaanisqatsi ten trillion times...there's nothing like it. If you ever want to see a film that's a little different, this is a good one.

Anyway, it was good to have friends around all durn day, and one of em is still passed out on the couch out there. We ended up at that dopey drum circle last night, and it was real dopey so we left. But I met a cool lady there, and we talked about the events like drum circles and so on (She's pretty high on drum circles right now...I'm kind of coming down off that high...crashin, more like). Anyway, she's into spoken word type stuff too, and I told her about the one I like to go to, and she might end up going. Cool cool. I'm not trying to hook up with her...it's just nice to see friendly, familiar faces of people who like to do the same kind of wacky things I like to do.

I don't really have anything to report, no drama or sorrow I care to rip the bandages off of at the moment. I was just thinking: I'm lucky I have the few friends I have. There are people who know me and know my whole story, and they really root for me in this life struggle thing. I try not to burden people with my troubles too much, but these troubles do come up in conversation, you know, and there are some people, luckily, who give me good advice -which- if I was smart enough, I would heed.

No comments:

Post a Comment